What are the Benefits to Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is one of the modalities within Traditional Chinese Medicine and is a great way to help the body balance qi as well as address various symptoms and acute or chronic medical conditions. There has been strong evidence in showing effective treatments using acupuncture for the conditions below and much more.
- Digestive disorders: nausea & vomiting, gastritis and hyper acidity, bloating, indigestion, constipation, diarrhea.
- Respiratory disorders: sinusitis & congestion, cough, sore throat, asthma, recurrent chest infections.
- Neurological and muscular disorders: various headaches, neck pain, shoulder tension, knee pain, whiplash, frozen shoulder, tennis elbow, various forms of tendonitis, low back pain, sciatica and osteoarthritis.
- Stress Relief and Emotional Release
- Pain Management or Reduction in Inflammations
What to Expect from Acupuncture?
As we've mentioned, Traditional Chinese Medicine works on healing to balance the body. Although the results can be relatively quick, there is usually a process of healing but often last much longer since it addresses root issues in addition to the surface symptoms. Often our conditions are built up over time and therefore it needs time to help untangle and find the balance again.
In case of a cold, fever or flu: You can expect a rapid recovery in 2-3 treatments.
In minor acute conditions, 4-8 treatments with bi-weekly or monthly visits to help ensure optimal health.
In more chronic cases where you may have had the issue for years, you may need 8-12 treatments and then additional bi-weekly or monthly treatments to help sustain effects.
How Often Should I Receive Acupuncture?
When starting to work on a particular condition, more frequent treatments will result in faster effects. It is recommended that you visit 2-3 times a week for optimal benefit. The more time gap between treatments, the longer the process overall. Even though you may be receiving same number of treatments, but because of the time gaps, what could have taken in 2 weeks ends up being a month.
Once your condition has stabilized and you are happy with the results, don't forget to come back for tune ups! Like your car, our bodies is constantly under pressure and wear and tear from daily activities, the best way to ensure that your body stays in optimal health is to come in for monthly treatments. This can help to prevent any chronic buildup of health concerns.
Got Other Questions? Email Us @ firstname.lastname@example.org